The Episcopal Church defines evangelism (called congregational development at St. Anselm’s) as “the presentation of Jesus Christ, in the power of the Holy Spirit, in such ways that persons may be led to him as Savior, and follow him as Lord within the fellowship of his Church”. “Christian recruitment” is another shorter definition.
The Congregational Development Commission carries out its mission by:
- Identifying potential newcomers.
- Inviting newcomers through personal invitation, the electronic and print media, and direct mailing.
- Identifying and resolving impediments to recruitment.
- Developing programs and sponsoring events to attract newcomers.
- Welcoming newcomers and helping incorporate them into parish life.
We keep in contact with other church commissions to learn about other-sponsored events that newcomers might find attractive.
If you would like more information on this topic or wish to be contacted by someone about it, click here to send an e-mail request.